If you’re only planning to do one cycle of ProLon, you will likely feel (and be able to measure) many of the benefits we advocate such as losing weight while on the fast, improving your relationship with food, feeling more in control of your health, increased focus and clarity, increased energy, and much more. But you may or may not experience a significant change in other metabolic measures, and we don’t have any published data on the impact on them using only a single cycle of ProLon.
Participants in our published clinical trials underwent three cycles of ProLon in consecutive months, and had specific metabolic measurements taken the week before starting, a few days after the last cycle, and then several months after completion. It is ultimately up to you and your healthcare provider to determine whether there is a need for metabolic tests, and which tests to perform before and after ProLon.
For your reference, the metabolic markers measured and recorded in clinical trials before and after 3 cycles of ProLon included the following:
- Complete Blood Count & Chemistry Panel
- Cholesterol (Total, HDL, LDL)
- Fasting Blood Glucose
- Total body weight
- Abdominal Circumference
- Body composition and/or body fat %
- Blood Pressure
In our clinical trial which included 3 consecutive 5-day ProLon cycles, used once a month, we found the following outcomes:
- Maintenance of healthy systolic blood pressure
- Weight loss, primarily visceral/belly fat, and maintenance of lean body mass. Participants lost an average of 5.7 pounds, and 1.6 inches off their waist circumference.
- Support of the natural process of autophagy – cellular clean-up and rejuvenation
- Support of overall metabolic health