1. Use of ProLon® Responsibilities
- Marketing of the ProLon® Product. Reseller understands that ProLon® is marketed as a conventional food and not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment or prevention of any disease or condition. Reseller will not communicate, directly or indirectly, to any consumers that ProLon® has any such effect.
- ProLon® Self-Assessment Administration. Prior to reselling ProLon® to a consumer, regardless if it is the consumer’s first time purchasing ProLon®, Reseller agrees: (i) It will require the consumer to complete the disclaimer and ProLon Release at: https://prolonprofessional.com/hcr-disclaimer. (ii) It will only sell ProLon® to consumers who do not have any conditions presented in the disclaimer as preclusions to using ProLon and have indicated this by checking off and completing the disclaimer and ProLon Release without being recommended to work with a health care provider based on having any past or present medical condition(s).
- Reseller agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless L-Nutra and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and affiliates from and against any and all actions, proceedings, claims, lawsuits, disputes, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs), judgments, investigations, damages, fines, losses, settlements, and liability whatsoever, whether or not involving a third party claim, which arise out of or relate to the failure, or alleged failure, of Reseller to comply with the requirements of this Agreement.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, L-NUTRA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST GOODWILL, LOST PROFITS, LOST BUSINESS OR OTHER INDIRECT ECONOMIC DAMAGES, WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AS A RESULT OF A BREACH OF ANY TERM OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER L-NUTRA WAS ADVISED OR HAD REASON TO KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE.
- The term of this Agreement shall be for a period of one (1) year and shall commence on the date of execution. Thereafter, the term of this Agreement shall automatically renew for successive one (1) year periods unless earlier terminated by the parties in accordance with this Agreement. This Agreement may be terminated at any time upon the written mutual consent of the parties. L-Nutra may terminate this Agreement at any time by giving written notice via certified mail.
- Reseller acknowledges and agrees that the statements and representations made in this Agreement apply to each and every purchase of ProLon® that he/she makes.
- Choice of Law & Venue. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the internal laws of the State of California, except choice of law rules that would require the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. The parties agree that the County of Los Angeles, California shall be the only proper venue for disputes related to this Agreement.
- Waiver, Modification and Amendment. No provision of this Agreement may be waived unless in writing signed by all Parties hereto. Waiver of any one provision shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any other provision hereof. This Agreement may not be altered, amended or otherwise changed or modified, except in writing signed by both of the Parties.
- Severability. If any part of this Agreement is void or otherwise invalid and hence, unenforceable, such invalid or void portion shall be deemed to be separate and severable from the balance of this Agreement, which shall be given full force and effect as though the void or invalid provision had never been a part of this Agreement.
- Counterparts and Signatures. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed to be an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument. An electronic, facsimile, or photocopy copy shall be as effective as a signed original. Electronic, telecopied, and scanned email signatures shall be deemed originals.
AGREED & ACCEPTED
5. HEALTHCARE GUIDELINES
- Do not consume ProLon® if you are allergic to any of the ingredients (such as nuts).
- Stay well hydrated by drinking at least 8 cups (64 fl. Oz) of water. Also drink the drink in ProLon® throughout the day as indicated in instruction card.
- It is preferable that you do not consume caffeinated beverages; however, 1 cup of decaffeinated coffee or tea without sweeteners and without additives like cream may be consumed daily, if necessary. It is highly recommended to not consume soda or other sweet beverages, even if they are “diet.”
- Things to avoid include: alcohol consumption, strenuous activities including exercise, and exposure to high or low temperature environments, such as saunas, spas, jacuzzis, and swimming.
- Due to nature of fasting, there are common complaints associated with it including fatigue, headache, dizziness, and difficulty with concentration during the fasting period. Complaints are mild and tolerated for most people. Although ProLon is designed to mitigate many of these risks of fasting by providing specific macro- and micro-nutrients, it is still a low calorie diet, so precautions about water intake, strenuous activity, and heat/cold exposure are important to follow.
- If you feel very drowsy or very weak, you should simply break the fast with juice or food and then do it another time. If this does not help or if you notice rash or allergy symptoms then stop the product immediately and talk to your physician or seek urgent help by calling 911.
WHAT IS PROLON®?Prolon is the first and only scientifically developed and clinically tested Fasting Mimicking Diet (FMD™). With ProLon, consumers are biologically fasting for 5 consecutive days while consuming food. The purpose of mimicking a 5-day fasting state is to induce the body’s natural protective & regenerative capabilities; FMDs have been proven by the Longevity Institute at the University of Southern California (USC) to clinically induce multiple healthy systemic, metabolic and cellular effects.1,2
Based on the identification of the genes and pathways that regulate aging and cellular protection, ProLon promotes rejuvenative changes, including effects on a wide range of markers that contribute to aging, such as cholesterol, inflammation, and fasting glucose. It has been clinically tested and found to promote beneficial effects in a variety of conditions ranging from excess weight to growth factors associated with DNA damage, when used in multiple consecutive monthly cycles.
ProLon contains 66 unique ingredients that have been studied for over a decade at USC, under the sponsorship of the NIH, to inactivate nutrient sensing pathways while providing nourishment for the body (macronutrients, micronutrients, minerals and vitamins) as well as mimicking and enhancing a fasting state. ProLon is plant-based and comes in a compact box which contains 5 smaller boxes (one for each day). A typical day box contains a variety of bars, soups, snacks, drinks, and supplements. Day 1 is 1100 calories while each of the other 4 days are around 770 calories. While total calories are one dimension of the product, the most important dimension is the proprietary and patented formulation that mimics and enhances a fasting state. Additionally, ProLon is Gluten and Dairy Free.
ProLon mitigates the burden and danger of water-only fasting, while responding to the unmet need of having a readily consumable, proven and safe dietary program that does not require ongoing lifestyle changes, such as long-term dieting.The body identifies the presence of food through nutrient-sensing pathways
- IGF-1, MTOR (Mechanistic Target of Rapamycin), and PKA (Protein Kinase A) are 3 key nutrient-sensing pathways that recognize the presence of protein, carbohydrates (sugars)
- These nutrient-sensing pathways are pro-growth and pro-aging, and lead to many common health problems including heart disease and cancer
- ProLon down-regulates these pathways, enhancing a fasting mode and activating cellular regeneration and rejuvenation
ProLon promotes rejuvenative changes, including effects on a wide range of markers that contribute to aging. In clinical trials, three or more consecutive cycles of ProLon have been found to:Maintain Healthy Levels of:
- Fasting blood glucose
- systolic blood pressure
- C-reactive protein
- Insulin like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1)
- Induces ‘Regenerative Weight Loss’ primarily driven by visceral fat loss
- Maintains lean body mass
- Improves energy levels
- Improves skin appearance
- Complete Blood Count & Chemistry Panel
- Cholesterol (Total, HDL, LDL)
- Fasting Blood Glucose and HbA1C
- Total body weight
- Abdominal Circumference
- Body composition and/or body fat %
- Blood Pressure
- Children under the age of 18
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Individuals who are allergic to nuts, celeriac/celery, oats, sesame (see nutrition statement for complete contents).
- Underweight individuals
- Individuals diagnosed with a serious medical condition or disease, unless approved by an appropriate healthcare provider.
- Individuals who, in the opinion of a healthcare provider should not fast or using fasting products for fasting purposes.
- Individuals with a known, suspected, or diagnosed eating disorder, unless otherwise determined by an appropriate healthcare provider.
- Individuals with a history of syncope (fainting) with calorie restriction or other medical co-morbidities
- Individuals with special dietary needs that are incompatible with the ProLon meal plan
- Individuals with a history of cancer, diabetes type 1 or 2, congestive heart failure, or syncope (fainting) unless approved by an appropriate healthcare professional.